Five NIOSH reports today! Are you doing everything you can to keep your and your crew as safe as possible?
While Rommel was on the side of the Nazis, I think the following quote is good leadership advice!
“Be an example to your men, in your duty and in private life. Never spare yourself and let your troops see that you don’t in your endurance of fatigue and privation. Always be tactful and well-mannered. Avoid excessive sharpness or harshness of voice, which usually indicates the man who has shortcomings of his own to hide.” – German Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
- 50-year-old firefighter suffers fatal heart attack after fighting two commercial fires – Michigan. 2017
- Career lieutenant dies from injuries received after vehicle undergoing maintenance crushes him – Massachusetts 2011
- Captain collapses at a structure/grass fire and dies 9 days later – Oklahoma 2011
- Fire fighter suffers a heart attack and dies several hours after assisting at a structure fire – Illinois 2006
- Fire fighter dies after extinguishing a fire in a two-story dwelling – Pennsylvania. 1999
- An explosion at a Texas oil refinery kills 19 firefighters in 1956