“Safety is not an intellectual exercise to keep us in work. It is a matter of life and death. It is the sum of our contributions to safety management that determines whether the people we work with live or die.” – Sir Brian Appleton, Technical Adviser to the Enquiry on Piper Alpha Accident
Five NIOSH line of duty death reports today! Please be safe and take care of each other and yourselves!
- Fire Fighter Suffers a Heart Attack at Brush Fire and Dies 8 Days Later – Vermont – 2016
- Volunteer Fire Chief Struck and Killed on Interstate Highway While Directing Traffic – Pennsylvania – 2013
- Captain Suffers Sudden Cardiac Death While In Travel Status for Training – Texas – 2007
- One Part-time Fire Fighter Dies and Another Is Seriously Injured When Two Fire Engines Collide at an Intersection While Responding to a Fire – Illinois – 2004
- Fire Fighter Dies After Leaving Fire Station – Pennsylvania – 2002