I realized that the past failures had strengthened me, taught me that no one is immune from mistakes. True leaders must learn from their failures, use the lessons to motivate themselves, and not be afraid to try again or to make the next tough decision. – Admiral William H. McRaven (U.S. Navy Retired)
- 2018 Structure collapse at 140-year old mill building kills 2 career fire fighters and injures 2 others – Pennsylvania.
- 2010 Career Fire Fighter Dies While Conducting a Search in a Residential House Fire – Kansas
- 2003 Junior volunteer fire fighter is killed while responding to a brush fire with an intoxicated driver – Wyoming.
- 2002 Fire fighter suffers sudden cardiac death during a medical emergency response – California
- 1962 One Maryland firefighter is killed and 4 injured in an explosion at a dwelling fire